MARSH VALLEY DIST. 21
BUS PASSENGER RULES
1. Student needs to be at the bus stop before the bus arrives and wait in a safe place, clear of traffic and avoiding horseplay.
Student should stand in an orderly line when bus is approaching, no pushing or shoving.
Student shall cross the road or street 10 feet in front of the bus only after the bus has come to a complete stop, and the driver directs them to cross.
Students are responsible to learn and follow the safety rules for loading and unloading the bus.
Written permission slips, signed by parent or guardian are required, if student is to get off bus at a different stop, or to ride a different bus.
To ride a different bus can be rejected by driver.
2. Stay in your seat, facing forward, avoid yelling and screaming, observe classroom conduct while on the bus.
Stay in your seat until bus is stopped.
The driver has the right to assign seats. Do not use loud, offensive or abusive language or gestures. No throwing or passing objects,
and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
Keep all body parts, hands, arms, heads, etc. inside the bus at all times.
Keep hands off other passengers and their possessions. No fighting.
Students are permitted to carry only objects that can be held on his/her lap.
3. No profane language, tobacco, alcohol, drugs or other controlled substance
will be allowed on the bus.
No hazardous materials, animals, weapons, nuisance items, will be allowed on the bus.
4. No littering or vandalism of the bus.
Students may be required to clean the bus.
Shoes with cleats or spikes will not be allowed to be worn on the bus.
Students and parents may be held financially responsible for seat repair or damages to the bus.
The driver has the right to refuse eating and drinking on the bus.
5. Students shall respect the rights and safety of others.
6. Emergency exits are to be used only in the case of an emergency and must not
be tampered with.
Emergency exits cannot be blocked and aisle ways cannot be obstructed.
7. To ride the school bus is a privilege not a right, violation of rules could result
in bus privileges suspended.
It is unlawful to: (Idaho code 18-1522;18-1130)
* Enter a school bus with the intent to commit a crime
* Enter a school bus and disrupt or interfere with the driver
* Refuse to disembark after ordered to do so
Video recording devices mounted in the school buses may monitor student behavior.
Video tapes may be used by school administrators in disciplinary proceedings.